DMV’s Venezuelan-American community will gather under the worldwide initiative ‘S.O.S. Venezuela’
The Venezuelan-American community in Washington, DC will gather in a rally type demonstration to plea for the humanitarian crisis in Venezuela not be regarded as fabricated by the United States, and directly making responsible Nicolas Maduro and his dictatorial regime. The Venezuelan-American community in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia will gather under the worldwide initiative, S.O.S. Venezuela —also known as a Candle for Venezuela— to raise awareness on the humanitarian crisis which escalated dramatically this week with the collapse of the power system which left most Venezuelans, particularly those most vulnerable, without access to electricity or water. S.O.S. Venezuela will take place in 200+ cities worldwide to denounce this crisis as an issue of human rights and human survival.
Venezuelan-Americans Rally to Denounce Regime Made Crisis
Saturday March 17, 2019 from 11:30am to 2:00pm
1661 Pennsylvania Avenue NW – Washington, DC
(in front of the Renwick Gallery next to the White House)
* Luis Almagro, Organization of American States Secretary General
* Alfonso Lopez, former Obama Administration Official, and Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
* Michael Shifter, President of the Inter-American Dialog
* Manuel Gago, Amnesty International Country Specialist
* Gustavo Tarre, Representative of Venezuela to the Organization of American States
* David Smolasky, Director of Working Group on Crisis of Venezuelan Migrants and Refugees of the OAS General Secretariat and Former Mayor of El Hatillo Municipality in Caracas.
* Francisco Marquez, Former Maduro Regime Political Prisoner.
This is an initiative is supported by the following organizations:
Visión Democrática, Lucha Democrática, Venezuelan Human Rights, IVAC, Jovenac, Voluntad Popular Washington, DC, Seamos Una Voz por Venezuela, and Red de Activistas.